Full Show Index
Advertise With Us
Write For Us
Surviving the Amazon, Episode 10: Pride Comes Before the FallPage 3
View Printable version of this article
3. Who is the most honest? The answer is Matthew. He's the only one who gets a point.
4. Who would never survive on their own? Jenna again. She proclaims that she has no idea why they picked her. Matt now has three; Rob, Christy, and Butch two; Alex, Heidi, and Jenna one.
5. Who most needs therapy? Almost everybody picks Matt. He says they joke about it all the time. They all think he's crazy.
6. Who would they most like to see pose nude in a magazine? Once again, Heidi and Jenna pick each other. The answer, however, is Heidi. Heidi says that Jenna is gorgeous. Jenna replies that Heidi is just as gorgeous. Rob chimes in an "Awwww." Heh. Probst asks Alex why he picked Heidi. Alex says that the last time both got naked, Jenna was right next to him, but he didn't get a good view of Heidi. So now Matt and Rob are at four; Christy, Butch, Alex, and Jenna at three; Heidi at two.
7. Who is the tribe do you have a crush on? All pick Heidi except for Matt, who bizarrely picks himself! Huh? Does he really think people have a crush on him? Whoa. Anyway, Rob wins!! Probst comments and asks who knew Rob would be the most in touch with the tribe. Actually, that's not surprising at all, given the way he has played everybody.
The next day, Alex tells Heidi he breathed a sigh of relief when Rob won. That means Matt is next - he's just too big a physical threat to keep around.
Rob says Tribal Council could signal one of the most important power swings of the game. He can vote with Alex, Jenna, and Heidi and assure himself of a final four position. Or the more intriguing option is to vote with Christy, Matt, and Butch. The downside is that he would lose the trust of those people he has come so far with. There will be three people on the jury who won't vote for him in the final two.
Meanwhile, Jenna makes a comment about how it's possible to play the game without hurting anyone. Yeah, right. Tell it to Christy.
Christy is telling Matt that it's going to be good. Matt says it's going to be a great night. He has a strong agreement with Rob, who is the lynchpin of the plot. But Rob can be devious. He has betrayed a number of people to get to this point.
It's Tribal Council time! Probst asks Matt if he is surprised at how well he's doing after a month. Matt says yes. He had a rough start but came back. He's surprised his health is still intact. What about Heidi? She says the first week was rough but if she could make it through that, she can make it through anything. Alex? He's feeling pretty good. He's also had some rough spots but feels really good. Christy? She can make it through the rest of the time, piece of cake.
Probst makes note of the fact that Jenna and Heidi painted each other's cheek with a heart and a sun. He asks if they are concerned that they are tattooing themselves with a person and showing how tight they are. Jenna isn't because at this point some people bond more closely than others. Butch says it might be a risky move sometimes, but not now as it's pretty well already known.
Rob is asked if it's important to know the whole tribe or just your allies. Rob says the biggest part of the game - and a part that is often overlooked - is interpersonal relationships. Not just with your friends, but everybody.
Probst asks Heidi if she would be surprised to be voted out tonight. Yes. Alex? Sure. Christy? No.
Well, Rob won't be giving away immunity, so it's time to vote!
The only two votes we see are from Matt and Alex, voting against each other (this surprises me a bit - no, not them voting against one another, but that we didn't see all the other votes except Rob's, which is what I figured the producers would do). Matt says Alex crossed him once and he forgave him. Alex crossed him a second time and he offered reconciliation. Now Alex's reign is over. Sounds like something out of The Godfather. Alex just says that Matt is way too much of a threat.
Time to read the votes. It's 3-3. And the final vote is against… Alex! Yes! Rob did it! He smartened up just in the nick of time!
Heidi looks dumbfounded (or you can just leave the "founded" part off). Rob suppresses a smile. Jenna is shocked. Christy grins like she can't believe it.
Probst says that from their reactions, this vote was a surprise to at least a few of them, and then he sends 'em all packing.
In his last words, Alex says… "Wow." They got him. He doesn't know who flipped but probably Rob (considering that Heidi and Jenna are inseparable, yeah, that's a good guess). He played as best he could, but apparently he was the biggest threat right now. So it's time for a shower!
Just one quick comment here - this is addressed more in "Why Alex Lost" but I'm pretty sure that playing the best he could should not have included telling Rob of his plans to make Rob #4 instead of taking him further.
Next week: Things start to get ugly as Jenna yells at Rob about how he doesn't care about personal relationships, just about himself. Brilliant deduction, Watson - or did you forget this is a game and not summer camp? But then a reward challenge changes the mood when they find out the winner will get a visit from a loved one.
David Bloomberg is the Editor of RealityNewsOnline and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to sign up for our e-mail update so you can stay informed about new articles on the site! And take a look at the rest of the site. You can find all of our recent Survivor articles at the Survivor: The Amazon page and take a look at our sections on Joe Millionaire and The Osbournes. You can even buy reality show stuff at our Reality TV Store!
<--Previous 1 2 3
View Printable version of this article