Full Show Index
Advertise With Us
Write For Us
America’s Next Top Model 9: Ranking the Models – The Top 11by Asher Streets -- 10/09/2007
View Printable version of this article
1. Saleisha (2 last week): So far Saleisha has won both challenges and has had high praise for her photos. Although Tyra hasn’t handed her top honors, she gets them with me. What a privilege to have both an Old Navy ad and a Parisian Colleen Quen show on the horizon. I was a little surprised at her fight with Bianca, but I’ll chalk it up to the fact that Bianca is a mega-b. Perhaps Saleisha was reacting out of latent indignation for Bianca’s prior ill treatment of others. Regardless, Saleisha has been doing extremely well thus far.
2. Chantal (1): Chantal and Saleisha have started out strong and are not looking back. I loved Chantal’s photo this week; her face was incredibly strong. I also think her legs looked amazing and she achieved a really cool angle. I sincerely hope Chantal gets to keep her hair next week, because she wears it very well. Chantal should be around for quite a while.
3. Ambreal (4): Ambreal proved to me why she was ranked as high as she was last week. Her runway and photo were spectacular. I almost ranked her first. If she has another week like this one, she just may surpass Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. I think Ambreal should have won the runway challenge this week. She looked like a pro. I hope they give her some sort of weave that she can use to her advantage.
4. Sarah (3): Sarah had another good week. I get what Ms. J is saying about her awkwardness, and I hope it can pass. But I also think that’s why I like Sarah so much. She seems so much more real than the other girls, and it goes beyond her being “real-sized.” Sarah is relatable, fun, and honest.
5. Heather (8): I actually think Heather did a very good job on the runway this week. Her head was still forward a bit, but she showcased the dress very well. Her walk was good, and she was believable. Heather’s photo was amazing. She really transforms on film. I think Heather will go far in this competition, but I think she may have the same fate as Michelle from Cycle 7 – photographs great, but doesn’t have the drive for the fashion industry.
6. Jenah (9): I’m proud that Jenah hasn’t entered into the fray of house drama, and I think she’s showing more signs of life. I was expecting the decision to quit smoking to be a hindrance, but I think it strengthened her… like smoking was holding her back and now she doesn’t miss it at all. The rock-climbing photo was spot-on, but her runway was bland. Even with a hazardous gown, she could have worked it out more.
7. Janet (5): Janet’s fading for me, but I think she did very well in the challenge. I liked how she embraced the idea of being a tree. Although her photo was good, it lacked spark in the eyes. In person, she seems unsure, which is probably due to culture shock more than anything else. I hope she can bring back the flavah. Maybe some girls will get bikini waxes next week.
8. Lisa (6): Lisa had a great photo last week, but this was a weak week. Her runway was boring and her photos withheld emotion. I think Lisa has a lot of potential, but I still think she’s the model who’s going to get her head shaved and cry a river about it.
9. Victoria (7): With Victoria’s lack of presence, she needs to stop attacking people. She obviously didn’t study up on her charm as she was instructed last week. Victoria has an odd look, but I don’t think her deer-in-the-headlights photo was nearly as good as the judges thought it was. Victoria needs to find confidence through some other means besides perceived superiority, or she won’t last much longer.
10. Ebony (10): Bring on the makeover. Ebony is in desperate need. She did not rebound this week, like I hoped she could. Although her runway walk was very good, I’m losing hope for her photo shoots. Maybe a weave can do the trick. Like Jenah, I’m proud that Ebony hasn’t been pissy in the house. She seems sweet now, but always insecure. I’m also not a fan of how skinny her legs are. Ebony doesn’t look totally healthy to me… like she’s partially dehydrated or low on blood sugar. Whatever it is, I hope she can bring it next week.
11. Bianca (12): Bianca needs to go. Now. What a horrible little witch. There’s a line between competitiveness and cruelty, and Bianca’s crossed it a few times. Bianca is an angry person who needs emotional help. She’s pugnacious and offensive. She should be thankful Kimberly left when she did so at least she can get a nice new weave out of this experience. I fully expect her to leave soon, unless the producers string her along for drama.
Kimberly (11): For me, Kimberly was the most forgettable model from day one. Unlike Tyra and the gang, I don’t care for her look. Her eyes are too squinty for me. Maybe it’s the hootchiness, or maybe it’s her propensity for meanness, but I’m not at all sad to see Kimberly go.
Asher Streets is a food engineer and musician who lives in Madison, WI. He has a love for all things Italian, most especially gelato, wine, espresso, and cheese. Asher appreciates your opinions too and can be reached via email: email@example.com.
Be sure to sign up for our e-mail update so you can stay informed about new articles on the site! And take a look at the rest of the site. You can find all of our recent articles on this show at our America’s Next Top Model page and take a look at our sections on Dancing with the Stars and Survivor. You can even buy reality show stuff at our Reality TV Store!
For more news about America’s Next Top Model, be sure to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Next Top Model!
View Printable version of this article