Full Show Index
Advertise With Us
Write For Us
America’s Next Top Model 9: Ranking the Models – The Top 9by Asher Streets -- 10/24/2007
View Printable version of this article
You know, I wish they would give us more than one photo to view for each of the girls. I mean, they usually take dozens of frames; couldn’t they at least pick the top two photos? Or, it would be nice if the models got to select what they thought was their best shot. That way, they could never complain after being eliminated. It’s certainly easy to say the producers or judges picked a bad shot. For instance, I’ve got to believe Saleisha had a better picture than the dead tulip shot from last week. Alas, I digress. Let’s rank ‘em.
1. Chantal (5): Chantal is back in fine form, and winds up on top again. Her performance on the trampoline was perfection, and I think she should have won the challenge portion. Her photo was great, and she would’ve been called earlier if Tyra wasn’t trying to boost the confidence of Bianca and Ebony, who (in my opinion) have been the bottom-feeders, and still are. Chantal needs to go for more edgy looks and poses, but she’s one of the most consistent models this season. (Challenge: 9, Photo: 9, Misc: 9, Tyra’s rank: 4th, Episode score: 8.7, Cumulative score: 8.3)
2. Heather (3): Heather should be ranked lower for her abysmal performance in the challenge and the trampoline, but she’s had an excellent track record and her photo was still exciting. Heather’s problem won’t be swiveling her neck a few degrees forward, but getting over her gangly body’s limitations. (Challenge: 1, Photo: 9, Misc: 9, Tyra’s rank: 7th, Episode score: 6.9, Cumulative score: 7.7)
3. Jenah (2): Jenah gets a lower miscellaneous score due to her unkempt appearance at judges panel. She needs help to manage the weave. Overall, I think Jenah will continue to do well this season. The judges still love her, and every photographer seems to like her too. I thought it was especially exciting for Jenah to take some photos while leaping off of the platform. (Challenge: 7, Photo: 8, Misc: 6, Tyra’s rank: 5th, Episode score: 7.0, Cumulative score: 7.6)
4. Saleisha (8): Saleisha rebounded well from the scare of being in the bottom two. I don’t think she’ll wind up there again anytime soon, but make a slow climb back up the charts. Saleisha needs to win over the judges by taking her photo shoots up a few notches closer to the standards of high fashion. (Challenge: 7, Photo: 8, Misc: 8, Tyra’s rank: 6th, Episode score: 7.3, Cumulative score: 7.3)
5. Lisa (6): I don’t really get Lisa. I think she did OK this week, but most certainly didn’t deserve to be called first. She must have felt the same way, because it took a while for her to register that it was her name Tyra called. Lisa’s sensitivity will be her undoing, mark my words. (Challenge: 6, Photo: 8, Misc: 5, Tyra’s rank: 1st, Episode score: 7.4, Cumulative score: 7.2)
6. Ambreal (4): Ambreal needs to find some life in her eyes, but otherwise I don’t think she was nearly as bad as the judges thought. If there’s a runway challenge soon, Ambreal will be able to strut her stuff. I also think she’d do well with speaking challenges, since she’s college-educated and used to performing on stage. I hope she can spring back this week, because I’m rooting for her. (Challenge: 9, Photo: 5, Misc: 6, Tyra’s rank: 9th, Episode score: 5.4, Cumulative score: 6.9)
7. Sarah (1): Last week Saleisha took the big hit from the number one spot. This week, Sarah takes the biggest nose dive. Her photo was terrible, and her performance in the challenge wasn’t tons better. Sarah used to sound like a voice of reason to me during her confessionals, but now she’s coming off as more bitter. I still like her, but I don’t see the drive in her that others have. (Challenge: 6, Photo: 3, Misc: 6, Tyra’s rank: 8th, Episode score: 4.3, Cumulative score: 6.8)
8. Bianca (10): Bianca really surprised me this week. I would love to rank her higher, but this ranking is cumulative. If she can perform this well next week, I expect to see her ranked much higher. The photo shoot went extremely well, and I’m impressed that she can be more joyful now. Losing her hair was indeed the best thing that could’ve happened to her. (Challenge: 7, Photo: 9, Misc: 8, Tyra’s rank: 2nd, Episode score: 8.5, Cumulative score: 5.6)
9. Ebony (9): Ebony did poorly on the trampoline and in the challenge itself. The photo was good, but her attitude is still suspect. I think she’s changed a lot from when we first met her on the cruise, but she needs to find a fierceness that comes from another place besides bitterness, because she still seems timid now. Her self-consciousness and nervousness don’t bode well for Ebony. (Challenge: 3, Photo: 8, Misc: 4, Tyra’s rank: 3rd, Episode score: 6.3, Cumulative score: 5.1)
10. Janet (7): I didn’t think it was Janet’s time to go, but she’s only been mediocre all along. Janet needed to bring something outstanding this week, but gave more of the same. When people like Ebony and Bianca had fantastic photo shoots, Janet was the likely candidate for elimination. Sarah and Ambreal had off weeks, but they’ve also had excellent weeks. Janet just couldn’t prove she had what it took to win the whole shebang. (Challenge: 5, Photo: 5, Misc: 6, Tyra’s rank: 10th - eliminated, Episode score: 4.6, Cumulative score: 5.6)
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out these other recent America’s Next Top Model articles:
Asher Streets is a food engineer and musician who lives in Madison, WI. He has a love for all things Italian, most especially gelato, wine, espresso, and cheese. Asher appreciates your opinions too and can be reached via email: email@example.com.
Be sure to sign up for our e-mail update so you can stay informed about new articles on the site! And take a look at the rest of the site. You can find all of our recent articles on this show at our America’s Next Top Model page and take a look at our sections on Dancing with the Stars and Survivor. You can even buy reality show stuff at our Reality TV Store!
For more news about America’s Next Top Model, be sure to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Next Top Model!
View Printable version of this article