Full Show Index
Advertise With Us
Write For Us
Survivor: China, Ranking the Survivors – The Top 10by Asher Streets -- 10/31/2007
View Printable version of this article
1. Amanda (2): At this point, I’d be incredibly surprised if Amanda doesn’t win this season. Amanda was more suave than Todd in her approach to finding the idol, and she wisely wanted to keep this information between just the two of them and James. Amanda seems to get along with everyone and direct the vote behind the scenes. Todd may think he’s the only one playing, but Amanda may prove to be the biggest player this season.
2. Todd (1): Todd made a lot of mistakes this week, yet he’s still in a position of power and deserves to be ranked highly. Both he and Amanda are not looming threats for individual immunity, so they should be able to direct many votes away from themselves, either to the threats or the remaining Zhan Hu. That said, Todd’s panic over the idol, decision to send it away with James instead of just instructing James where to find his own, and need to tell everyone about it were bad moves. Todd needs to contain himself and work a lot more on Courtney.
3. Courtney (3): Courtney is only ranked this high because I have decided to rank individuals on how they may finish rather than merit. It was idiotic to vote apart from her alliance and to verbalize her feelings of separation from Fei Long. I think she’ll get her way and have Jean-Robert voted off somewhat soon, but perhaps not the next vote. However it falls, Courtney will not be a target for a long time. She makes a perfect final two partner because she clearly hasn’t been playing well in the physical, strategic, or social aspects of the game. She did do well at the challenge, however. I was surprised someone so skinny could eat the eels and almost win.
4. Denise (4): Denise has a similar position to Courtney in the game. She too will be strung along because she’s not a threat and doesn’t seem to think for herself, but unlike Courtney, will be voted off because people like her too much. I don’t think Denise and James can turn their mutual respect into a formidable alliance, although if either had the brains, they could. Denise’s inability to eat balut elicited more sympathy in me than criticism, which couldn’t have been said for some other players, if they were in the same situation.
5. Peih-Gee (6): Now that the merge is looming, Peih-Gee should stay for awhile. Jaime is more of a strategic threat, Jean-Robert must go for Todmanda to secure Courtney’s continued allegiance, and there are three other strong men that need to go for their challenge-winning prowess. Who knows? Peih-Gee may be given the opportunity to change the game around at some point and ally with people on the outskirts to take control. She has the brains to figure it out, but I don’t think those remaining will be able to see her logic. Like her hyphenated, female, Asian predecessor, Shii-Ann, I think Peih-Gee will try to rally the outcasts, but leave saying, “stupid, stupid people.”
6. James (11): James is a tragic character on this show. He lost when he should have won, and vice versa. He has possession of one idol and knowledge of another, but at least one of them will be discovered and potentially plundered. James has people on Fei Long doing everything they can to keep him in the game, but those same people likely plan to keep him at the bottom of the alliance’s totem pole for his ability to win challenges. James will be given a great opportunity to change-up the game against Todmanda, but won’t know how to act on it.
7. Erik (7): Erik has no shot at winning. He is too solidly aligned with Zhan Hu and he’s a challenge threat. Erik will leave soon after his former team members and Jean-Robert.
8. Frosti (10): Frosti may have thought he stumbled into a great position, but I agree with a colleague that he’s like the mafia guy with too much information. I doubt he’ll be able to ingratiate himself enough to make it in farther than a few votes, especially when he starts smoking everyone else in challenges.
9. Jean-Robert (9): Jean-Robert’s vote is still needed for a bit, so Todmanda will need to figure out how to help Courtney see that logic. And although he’s not a threat to win immunities, he’s on all of Fei Long’s radar to cut as quickly as possible (except James). Jean-Robert is a dolt with no idea how to play the game of Survivor. He’ll be picked off just as soon as everyone else feels safe enough to cut him loose.
10. Jaime (8): Jaime is Todmanda’s primary target, and rightfully so. She poses the biggest strategic threat, and even though individual immunities are starting, she needs to be the next to go. I think Jaime and Peih-Gee will try their darndest to sway others to their cause, but she has little hope of lasting past this next episode.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out these other recent Survivor: China articles here on RealityNewsOnline:
Asher Streets is a food engineer and musician who lives in Madison, WI. He has a love for all things Italian, most especially gelato, wine, espresso, and cheese. Asher appreciates your opinions too and can be reached via email: email@example.com.
Be sure to sign up for our e-mail update so you can stay informed about new articles on the site! And take a look at the rest of the site. You can find all of our recaps and other info on this show at the Survivor: China page, and take a look at our Dancing with the Stars page and our America’s Next Top Model page. You can even buy reality show stuff at our Reality TV Store!
View Printable version of this article