Full Show Index
Advertise With Us
Write For Us
America's Next Top Model - Phil's Top Twelve Top ModelsPage 2
View Printable version of this article
6. Naima, Season 4 -- Our most recent winner, Naima, places sixth on my list. It's no secret that I was a huge fan of Naima, even before the show started! Being quiet and reserved is Naima's thing, and it worked for her. She knew how to conduct herself, and the judges used their famous line "We want to know Naima." You do know her, you twits. You picked her! I don't understand Tyra and the gang, sometimes. However, that being said, Naima pulled it together week after week and impressed the judges with her shots. Kahlen did the same thing, but I think it was Naima who captured the hearts of America. For crying out loud, she was the Cover Girl of the week for every week the show aired so that has to say something. Naima deserved her win, and I wouldn't have wanted anyone's face on that screen but hers when the winner was revealed. That being said, I know some probably think she should be higher on the list, but there are five girls that Naima just couldn't overcome overall.
5. Eva, Season 3 -- Our season three winner places fifth on my list of the top twelve top models. I know it's a little confusing to think that Eva was able to surpass MY Yaya, but it's true. I think I got to like Eva more and more as time progressed. Now, when I see her on the Cover Girl commercials, I actually like her a lot. I think it was the whole "Diva" attitude she had at the beginning of her season. It was a little too much for me to handle, and the way she and Anne constantly put people down was a bit rough. However, Eva learned from her mistakes and really grew as a person, which I totally admired. In my heart, I wanted Yaya to win, but I look back now and I'm not disappointed at all. Eva was great, and deserved the win. Another one that constantly won the Cover Girl of the week. Hmm, maybe that's saying the viewers know how to pick a winner!
4. Adrianne, Season 1 -- Easily my favorite of all the girls that won the show, Adrianne was spunky, real, beautiful, and funny. How could you not love her? Together, with Elyse, they made the first season of America's Next Top Model, and in my opinion, are part of the reason why it's such a big hit! Adrianne worked the camera and showed that determination will bring results. She was fun to watch, and although she didn't receive as great a prize as the girls that win today receive, she has managed to make a career for herself, and was even able to land a spot on VH1's The Surreal Life, which one of the judges, Janice Dickinson, will be appearing on next season. I would have had Adrianne probably at number two or three on my list, but there were a few girls that I had to place up there!
3. Toccara, Season 3 -- Toccara has staying power. I have to admit that I would get a little pissed off when Tyra would cast the "plus sized" girls, and you knew there was no chance in hell that they would win. It just wasn't going to happen. However, Toccara was fierce, and honestly could have won the competition, if it wasn't geared more towards thinner girls. She had the personality, the photos and the drive to win. In fact, Toccara even managed to win the RNO Award this year for sexiest female! That's saying something! Toccara always had something funny to say or add to a conversation, and was perfectly comfortable with her body and who she was, which is quite different than some of the other girls we have seen on prior seasons. The judges eliminated Toccara, saying that she lost the drive to win that she possessed when the competition first started. I wouldn't go that far, but she was clearly broken down by the way the judges constantly critiqued her size, yet picked her for that reason. Toccara was robbed!
2. Tiffany, Season 4 -- Ugh, I ADORE Tiffany! When season three premiered, we were first introduced to an angry, rowdy girl from Miami. She managed to get in a bar fight, get beer poured on her weave, and become the first girl to pronounce she was "Going back to hustling" when she didn't make the cut. However, in season four, a more relaxed, calm, funny and charming Tiffany made her debut, and managed to get almost halfway in the competition, before she was eliminated due to a double elimination. I don't care what anyone says, Tiffany will always be a favorite of mine. She took great photographs and was probably one of the most well liked contestants ever on the show. She was the "people's champion." Everyone was rooting for her, and it was sad to see her go. I know she's going to be a success, and I can't wait to see her in the future!
1. Mercedes, Season 2 -- MY Mercedes. Who else could be at the top of the list? Mercedes had an exotic beauty about her that photographers love. She always took great photos, week after week. Also, she battled lupus when she was on the show, and didn't let the stress drag her down the way most would. Mercedes came in second during her season, but she was first to me. The judges feared that she was a little too commercial for them to market, but Mercedes turned it out during her final photo shoot and showed them the edge they were craving from her. Coming in second is not a bad thing on this show. Several of the girls have showed that second is just as good as first. Elyse came in third, and she's still around. Yaya came in second, and she has a modeling contract. The same thing goes for Mercedes. She might not have won, but her presence was known. I think she embodied everything that top model should. Mercedes was personable, fierce, fun and took amazing photos. She was the full package, and for that, she's on top of the Top Twelve Top Models.
Of course, I could only pick twelve girls, so there are several girls that I wanted to put on the list but just didn't have the room. Keese, Ebony, Shandi, Jennipher, Kahlen and even Camille would have been great candidates for the list, but alas, there wasn't the space. I don’t even have Yoanna on here, and even though she was a great winner, I just don’t place her in MY top twelve. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me on this list, but I always welcome comments as to who you think should have made it. What would be your list of the Top Twelve Top Models?
Phil Kural is an office manager at a law firm, and graduated from Temple University with a degree in journalism. You can send feedback to him at email@example.com.
Be sure to sign up for our e-mail update so you can stay informed about new articles on the site! And take a look at the rest of the site. You can find all of our recent articles on this show at our America’s Next Top Model page and take a look at our sections on The Apprentice and Last Comic Standing. You can even buy reality show stuff at our Reality TV Store!
For more news about America’s Next Top Model, be sure to check out SirLinksALot: America's Next Top Model!
<--Previous 1 2
View Printable version of this article